Category: Alturas County

The Territory Thrives

Leduc Post Office was established in 1883 with Peter Leduc as Postmaster, who served until his death in November, 1899. It was situated about two miles north of the present site of Picabo. Early in 1900, the post office of Leduc...

Read More

Quartz Lode Mining

In 1880 the following quartz lode mining claims near Bullion, about seven miles west of Hailey, were discovered, namely, Jay Gould, Bullion, Mayflower, May Queen, Idahoan, and others. Bullion in its heyday had over 500 men at...

Read More

Minnie Moore Mine

The Minnie Moore mine has produced lead and silver ore of greater value than any other in the district. In 1881, a half interest was sold to Henry E. Miller for $10,000.00. On the date of sale to Dent, Palmer & Co. of...

Read More

Mines Attract Many

Galena was situated about 28 miles northwest of Ketchum and at the southern base of the Saw tooth mountains. Adjacent to this town were the Senate, Gladiator and other mines. This town at one time had a Post Office, hotel, large...

Read More

Mining Locations

But the indomitable spirit of the prospector and the pioneer was not to be deterred by any obstacles, how ever great. As there are several thousand mining locations of record, it would be not only impracticable, but tedious, to...

Read More

The County Seat Fight

A special election was held on the 12th day of September, 1881, for the purpose of determining the permanent location of the county seat of Alturas county, Idaho Territory. The minutes of the Board of County Commissioners under...

Read More

Subscribe to Idaho Genealogy

Enter your email address to subscribe to this website and receive notifications of new posts by email.

AHGP Affiliation

ahgp2-small

Advertisement

Recent Tweets

Recent Comments

Copyright

Copyright © 2016 by Dennis N. Partridge. All rights reserved.